Programmes Team Assistant - full-time, fixed term
The Programmes Team Assistant will support the Programmes Team Manager in their work.
We are now seeking applications for a full-time position as Programmes Team Assistant with our International Programmes Team. This position is based at the Caritas office in the Catholic Centre, 22 Hill St, Wellington. The vacancy to be filled is a fixed term role from March to 14 July 2017.
The Programmes Team Assistant will support the Programmes Team Manager in his programme of work. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Development of Concept Note and Activity Design documents (PNG focus)
- Preparation of reports on existing MFAT projects (Solomon Islands and PNG focus)
- Preparation of reports and liaison with stakeholders for two Latin American projects
- Preparation of documents for the Caritas Development and Review Committee and Caritas Board
- Preparation of documents for participants in the Catholic Volunteers Overseas programme
- Liase with NZ Ministry of Foreign Affairs personnel and project stakeholders
- Preparation for a Solomon Islands training visit
*It is unlikely that the Programmes Team Assistant will be required to undertake any travel as part of the position requirements
The successful applicant will ideally have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in development studies
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a team
- A commitment to the Caritas values in its work for justice, peace and development
- The ability to contribute to the spiritual, social and educational life of Caritas will be an advantage
- Knowledge, understanding and empathy with Pacific cultures
- Ability to commence work in March
- Only New Zealand or Australian citizens or persons eligible to work in New Zealand will be considered
Applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter (no more than two pages) that addresses how the applicant can meet the responsibilities and person description, by no later than midday on Friday, 10 March, 2017.
Shortlisting and interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday, 13 March, 2017
Applications should be addressed to Ms Julianne Hickey, Director of Caritas at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 10 March, 2017.
Any enquiries regarding the position should be addressed to Adrian Watson, Programmes Manager at (04) 496 1705 or email@example.com.