Communications, Marketing & Fundraising Advisor
Use your marketing, communications & fundraising skills in this key specialist role at Caritas.
- Strategic Community Engagement
- Social Justice Focus
- Wellington | Full Time Position
Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand is the Catholic Church’s agency for justice, peace, development and emergency relief. Caritas is inspired by the Gospel and Catholic social teaching, and has a long history of responding positively and proactively to poverty and injustice in the world. Caritas, affiliated to the 165 member Caritas Internationalis confederation, supports the work of partners in poor and marginalised communities, responds to disasters and carries out education and advocacy on local and global social justice issues. In its mission, Caritas seeks to demonstrate love in action.
- Write, design and distribute regular publications and marketing collateral to enable Caritas to communicate effectively with stakeholder groups;
- Take responsibility for strategic communications initiatives and take the lead in delivering Caritas’ digital and social media engagement strategy;
- Be a skilled writer, have broad experience in publications and be familiar with effective campaign management to ensure that engagement with Caritas’ stakeholders is achieved;
- Understand direct marketing fundraising and donor management in a not for profit setting;
- Be committed to the vision, mission and values of Caritas and understand the requirements of working in a diverse, faith-based environment;
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice and the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and have the capacity to apply Catholic Social Teaching in working for justice and peace.
This is a challenging role in an organisation addressing poverty, advocating for environmental justice, partnering with indigenous peoples, responding to crises and connecting with communities. If you have a passion to make a meaningful difference, believe that you have what it takes to contribute to our team and are looking for an exciting new role we want to hear from you.
For more information contact Catharina Vossen at MICAH Partners on phone: (021) 884 749 or email your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.